The men’s and women’s basketball national tournaments wrapped up for the day about an hour ago, and things have been pretty crazy. Here is a rundown of a few links you need to know about:
- Women’s National Tournament (game-by-game predictions)
- Men’s National Tournament (game-by-game predictions)
- Women’s Team Ratings
- Men’s Team Ratings
The computer has done a decent job of predicting games. The computer has gotten 7 right and 5 wrong. Here are some quick summaries of the games:
- #1 Ohio Christian flexed their muscles over Manhattan. The computer thought Ohio was going to win, and it came to be. Manhattan just didn’t have enough athletes to keep up in this game.
- #2 Northland was upset by Arlington Baptist. The computer has never been sold on Northland, and the predictor had Arlington winning this game. The computer got this one right. Northland is better than the way they played, but Arlington is just a really active team that caused a lot of problems.
- #3 North Central University was upset by the surprise Ozark Christian. The computer has never really loved North Central this year, but it has thought even less of Ozark. Ozark is just on a magical run that has made things very interesting!
- #5 Florida Christian upset #4 Trinity Baptist in the evening game. The computer predicted this game, and really thinks highly of the Suns. In fact the team ratings has the Suns as the #1 overall team, despite Ohio being the heavy favorite.
- #1 Maranatha crushed North Central to start things off for the women’s tournament. Maranatha played so well that the team ratings jumped them to the #1 overall team in the country.
- #2 Manhattan beat Arlington, but the computer was oddly predicting the opposite. For whatever reason the computer loves the southwest region. Manhattan is a solid team, and looks like a threat.
- #3 Kentucky Christian University took care of business against Trinity Bible. Kentucky dropped from their #1 perch in the team ratings, but KCU is always a threat of repeating.
- #4 Trinity Baptist College took out Ohio Christian University. TBC is the most underrated team in the country; by my computer and the national tournament seeding. Watch out.
Here are the updated win expectancies for the men’s and women’s tournament.
|Arlington Baptist College||34.89%|
|Florida Christian College||22.87%|
|Ohio Christian University||21.12%|
|Ozark Christian College||21.12%|
- Arlington Baptist continues to be the favorite. Not necessarily because of “quality” but they continue to have an easier road than the other teams.
- I can not tell you how important Florida Christian’s win over TBC was for their national tournament chances, but I’m telling you, the Ohio Christian vs. Florida Christian game is the most important game of the national tournament.
|Maranatha Baptist Bible College||90.18%|
|Kentucky Christian University||4.85%|
|Trinity Baptist College||2.49%|
|Manhattan Christian College||2.49%|